The MSc degree in Architectural Engineering from United Arab Emirates University prepares students for specialized roles in professional practice as well as for advanced study at the doctoral level. The program includes rigorous architecture engineering course work on topics related to building science, engineering systems, sustainable development and high-performance design at various scales of the built environment.
The program culminates in either a research-based project or a thesis. Applicants are expected to have undergraduate architectural or architectural engineering backgrounds, either with a BSc degree in Architectural Engineering from UAE University or equivalent in a closely related area.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced research techniques and methods to the analysis and solution of engineering problems.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge sufficient to analyze complex environmental issues related to building and urban systems.
- Develop comprehensive engineering systems, highly specialized components, or appropriate processes for built environment.
- Apply advanced knowledge in a specialized and emerging area in high performance built environment.
- Develop communication skills to present, explain and criticize highly complex issues.
- Evaluate engineering systems in high performance built environment according to relevant regulations and codes.
- Evaluate knowledge of contemporary professional practice in high performance built environment.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods
- Graduate Research Seminar
- Sustainable Urbanism
- High Performance Buildings
- Design Management for the Built Environment
- Sustainable Community Develop
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 4 other Masters in Architecture in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English.
International6540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 436 USD per credit during 24 months.
National6540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 436 USD per credit during 24 months.
1600 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.