The Master of Mass Communication MMC program offered at Arizona State University culminates in a professional immersion experience in one of the Cronkite School's strategic communication labs or news bureaus in Los Angeles, Phoenix or Washington, D.C. Working under the guidance of award-winning journalists and strategists, these capstone programs offer real-world experience in a professional news or agency environment.
The skills of strong reporting, research, writing and multimedia production are in high demand across industries, including in journalism, strategic communication, nonprofit leadership, international affairs, political advocacy and entrepreneurship.
Career examples include:
- digital strategist
- media executive
- PR strategist
- strategic communications leader
- Media Law
- Data Journalism
- Public Relations Research
- 21st-Century Media Organization and Entrepreneurship
- Journalism Skills
- History, Philosophy and Ethics of Journalism
- Strategic Communications Leadership and Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 323 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement of interest (350 to 500 words in length).
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.