The Master of Engineering MEng degree from Arizona State University is designed for working professionals and is delivered entirely online to meet the unique needs of professional engineers. It is a practice-oriented degree program, and students can customize their learning experience by selecting a curriculum that addresses their academic and professional goals.
In the master's degree program, multiple emphasis areas are available to meet the needs of the professional engineering community. Within each area of study, there are specific course requirements in addition to the general program requirements. Students can select one of several areas of study available, such as engineering management, quality, reliability and statistical engineering, and systems engineering.
Engineers approach a broad range of disciplinary and transdisciplinary opportunities by applying new approaches and technologies to solve problems, innovate and create value. The Master of Engineering degree is an interdisciplinary program preparing engineering, science and technology majors with more advanced technical, management and practical skills that enhance a student's marketability to potential employers. The program is designed for people who are already employed in engineering or technical roles, or who are interested in expanding their skill set before entering a technical organization as manager or individual contributors.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, engineers are highly paid, and there is significant growth in the number of employment opportunities. Graduates of this multidisciplinary program may perform the following career paths:
- Engineering managers hold leadership positions in management of projects, process and people, combining engineering competency with managerial skills to support the efficient development of new technology and products.
- Systems engineers may become technical managers who develop the technical design and manage complex systems by building on their interdisciplinary expertise, systems engineering principles and practical experience.
- Quality and reliability engineers utilize engineering principles to make business and production processes and products more efficient and dependable. They may also look for ways to seek efficiencies while maintaining reliable products and production methods.
- Financial Engineering
- Enterprise Modeling
- Engineering Administration
- Strategic Technology Management
- Risk Management
- Systems Engineering
- Project Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 47 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in the desired field of study, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 credit hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts from all institutions attended
- proof of English proficiency
International22888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22888 USD per year during 12 months.
National22888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22888 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State21576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21576 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.