The Liberal Studies - Film and Media Studies MLSt program from Arizona State University offers students interested in a transdisciplinary approach to international human ideas and values an opportunity to expand their liberal arts background through the study of film and media in society.
The program is intended for students seeking a graduate degree that explores the integration of the humanities with political, religious, social and scientific questions within their cultural contexts.
Professionals with excellent critical problem-solving and communication skills are in high demand across sectors and industries, including business, media, entertainment, politics and community organizations. Skills in communication, film and media analysis, creative practice, as well as the collection and critical analysis of diverse data for the development of impactful content are valuable to businesses, nonprofit sectors and institutions relying on relevant strategies to engage and serve diverse audiences.
Career examples include:
- film editor
- market research analyst
- producer or director
- public relations specialist
- writer or creative writer
- Writing About Social Issues
- Religion, Culture and Health: Where Cultures Intersect
- Ethics, Science and Culture
- Film Analysis
- Applied Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Media Studies & Mass Media View 308 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- a letter of interest in the program
- a resume, biographical statement or curriculum vitae
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.