Investigate and uncover stories impacting our world in the nation's first masters degree in investigative journalism. Led by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists, you earn experience publishing hard-hitting stories in national media outlets long before graduating, preparing to become a powerhouse investigative storyteller in as few as 12 months.
This Investigative Journalism MA program from Arizona State University is designed for career switchers, those with experience in fields such as law, health, business, government and the arts, and for early-career to mid-career journalists who want to develop specialization in investigative techniques.
Students combine their existing knowledge with investigative reporting techniques, multimedia production skills and interdisciplinary research methods to produce storytelling with deep public impact.
Investigative reporting is in high demand in news organizations, large and small, around the world, and graduates of the Cronkite School's Master of Arts in investigative journalism program are uniquely prepared to excel in these positions, applying experience with investigative reporting techniques, data analysis and immersive storytelling using text, photo, video and audio content.
- Journalism Skills
- Media Law
- Data Journalism
- History, Philosophy and Ethics of Journalism
- Accountability in Journalism
- Techniques of Investigative Reporting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 357 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any discipline or related field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- professional resume
- letter of intent
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.