Students from both universities collaborate throughout the program and spend one semester together at Leuphana in Luneburg as well as one semester together at ASU in Tempe, Arizona. The Global Sustainability Science MSc program offered at Arizona State University culminates with a capstone project resulting in a publishable scientific journal article. Students have the opportunity to engage with sustainability problems and solutions in an international setting.
The program focuses on value-oriented and transformational aspects of sustainability, linking research with practical implementation of sustainability solutions. Project-based learning offers students opportunities to conduct their research on real-world sustainability solutions in collaboration with stakeholders and professionals. In addition, the program facilitates intercultural collaboration, which prepares graduates for working in internationally operating institutions and organizations.
Completing a master's degree in global sustainability science can help graduates apply sustainable solutions in a diverse workforce both domestic and internationally. Graduates of the program often enter doctoral studies immediately after completing the program. Career opportunities include:
- field director
- program manager
- sustainability analyst
- Perspectives on Sustainability
- Advanced Sustainability Problem Solving
- Social-Ecological-Technical Systems (SETS): Domains and Interfaces
- Global Sustainability Research Preparation
- Global Sustainability Research Project
- Global Sustainability Science Perspectives Seminar
- Synthesis for Sustainability Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 185 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Global Futures.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE scores
- three letters of recommendation
- letter of intent or written statement
- professional resume
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 24 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.