The demand for special education professionals certified in Applied Behavior Analysis is growing. Children with special needs require specific and optimized learning environments created by qualified professionals to aid in their growth and skill development. University of Colorado Denver’s strengths-based/assets-based approach to teaching special education prepares you to understand the strengths of every child in every family.
This Master of Arts in Special Education - Applied Behavior Analysis program from University of Colorado Denver prepares professionals to follow best practices for ABA in a variety of settings. If you already have a bachelor’s degree, earning this degree will help you to advance or diversify in your field. You will build your competencies in psychology and advance your skills in working with individuals with special needs.
This special education pathway will prepare you with knowledge of:
- Ethical and professional conduct considerations required for practicing ABA
- How to understand and accurately describe the behavior of individuals
- How to collect and interpret data and make decisions specifically for ABA, and
- How to implement recommended, evidence-based practices with young children with autism.
- ABA Practical Applications
- ABA Data
- ABA Advanced Data and Behavioral Plans and Applications
- Ethics and Implementation ABA
- Autism In Early Intervention
- Advanced Topics in Applied Behavior Analysis
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 703 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions attended
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Written Statement: please outline the reasons why you would like to pursue the MA in Special Education with a concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis and any relevant experience
- $50.00 application fee
International22165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 21 months.
National22165 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 21 months.
In-State6651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 21 months.
Out-of-State, Online-Only: $466/credit
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.