What you will learn
The Design - Experience Design MSD program offered at Arizona State University focuses on design practices for virtual experiences in extended reality technologies, including environmental design, programmatic in both real and virtual universes, rapid prototyping, storytelling, and worldbuilding. This program is unique among emerging media programs through the application of these technologies and practices in socially engaged and transdisciplinary modalities, taking tools that evolved primarily from and for entertainment and applying them to the modeling of real-world challenges and futures.
Students develop human-centered design methods to improve user experience using theories and concepts from cognition and psychology, in addition to developing the ability to manage projects, work effectively in teams, and transform research into creative and technological products.
- Qualitative Research in Design
- Prototyping Futures
- Immersive Experience Design
- Emerging Media Colloquium
- Research Methods
- Reading and Conference
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design Digital Communication View 277 other Masters in Digital Communication in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in design and media arts or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- letter of intent
- contact information of two references
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Arizona City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.