The aim of the M2 Systems and Synthetic Biology program at Paris-Saclay University is to provide students from the Life Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, Physical and Computer Sciences a mean to fruitfully engage in collaborative work across disciplinary boundaries, with applications in Systems & Synthetic Biology.
Students undertaking the course will gain hands-on experience in experimental biology, modeling and designing. They will also enhance transversal capacities including planning a project, giving a seminar, perceiving the industrial, economical and ethical issues associated with these developing fields.
The professional perspectives of M2 SSB lie in the massive development of Synthesis Biology, and the orientation of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry towards the use of predictive models and the modeling of biological systems.
About 70% of students in previous classes pursue doctoral studies, while others hold research-engineering positions in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or in academic research laboratories. Moreover, several previous graduates are founders of biotech startups.
- Synthetic Biology Practical Course
- Metabolic Engineering
- Genome Engineering
- Biosafety and Sociological Questions on Synthetic Biology
- Biological Parts and Devices
- Statistical Analysis of Large Scale Gene Expression Data
- Rational Protein Engineering
- Design of Experiments and Machine Learning in Synthetic Biology
- Computational Inference and Modeling of Biological Networks
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Genetics View 16 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants may come from Universities or from Engineering schools. After a first year of master (M1), or an equivalent qualification (4 years of successful higher education after finishing high-school), in either Biology, applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry or Physics. Bi-disciplinary curriculums including biology is favored, but highly-achieving and motivated students in any of the cited disciplines can apply.
- Motivation letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Document at your convenience. (Any other document that you consider important for the evaluation of your application)
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Letter of recommendation or internship evaluation. (Or the names and addresses of 2 referees)
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.