This Law (Online Learning) certificate at The University of Edinburgh provides an ideal learning environment for legal professionals, policy makers and professionals in both the public and private sectors to develop skills and knowledge in relation to legal matters which impact on their work. It also offers a flexible route to further postgraduate study as successful students can choose to transfer credits gained to one of our LLM programmes.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will have the option of graduating with the Certificate or continuing your studies through a facilitated transfer onto one of the Edinburgh Law School’s LLM programmes by online distance learning.
Graduates of our online distance learning programmes progress to a range of careers in Law and related legal fields, including work in local and international firms, government legal departments, other public institutions, international organisations and in academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You must complete three masters-level courses to be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Law.
- Upon successful completion of the programme, you will have the option of graduating with the certificate or continuing your studies through a facilitated transfer onto one of the Edinburgh Law School’s LLM programmes by online learning.
- 12 months
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Legal Studies View 65 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
- We will also consider a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a social science subject.
- Your other qualifications and professional experience will also be considered as part of your application.
- Entry to this programme is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements for consideration does not guarantee an offer of study.
International7670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7670 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7670 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.