With the advent of high-speed data processing technology (genome sequencing, RNA and protein expression, metabolomics), different fields in life sciences (pharmaceutical industry, hospitals, biotechnologies, agro-industry, environment and fundamental research) need researchers and engineers with sound knowledge in biology and the ability to treat and analyse large quantities of heterogeneous data.
Students in this M2 Genomics Informatics and Mathematics for Health and Environment program at Paris-Saclay University learn to:
- deal with new challenges brought about by the evolution and rapid development of high-speed data production technologies;
- master techniques associated with the analysis and modelling of biomedical data;
- be autonomous when managing application development projects in a variety of programming languages;
- propose innovative IT solutions;
- carry out the analyses and necessary developments to test new methods and hypotheses for the living.
Access to engineering positions in bioinformatics, typically in Research and Development, for example:
- Designer and developer of bioinformatics algorithms and software
- Biomedical data analyst
- Designer and developer of Databases and websites in biology, health, agronomy or environment
- Manager of bioinformatics platforms
- Computational Systems Biology and Network Medicine
- Bioinformatics of RNA and Non-Coding World
- Comparative Genomics
- Advanced Functional Genomics
- Metagenomics and Multiomics for Microbiome Studies
- Statistics and Statistical Learning
- Data Integration and Big Data
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers).
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay)
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
National243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.