This Classical Liberal Education and Leadership MA program offered at Arizona State University fosters a learning community of students and faculty oriented to the classical, holistic pursuit of knowledge.
The curriculum focuses on philosophy, politics, literature, ethics, economics and history. It combines theory and practice with ideas and application, incorporating inquiry about the good life with the practical challenge of leading others --- nations, societies and individuals --- in the pursuit of a way of life that accords with the precepts of justice and the ethos of humanity.
Intellectual, moral and civic education are understood to be component parts of a genuine liberal education; all are necessary for the flourishing of the individual and society. As Aristotle taught, there is no substitute for doing the right thing in the right way. This is true in how children are educated, neighbors are lived with, and nations are governed. The classical liberal education and leadership program aims to prepare the next generation's teachers, scholars, civic leaders and statesmen to meet the challenges ahead with foresight, integrity, prudence and imagination.
A master's degree allows students to upgrade their bachelor's degree. Students gain specialized knowledge to advance in a chosen field. As the workforce evolves, a graduate degree shows employees are dedicated to enhancing their industry expertise and credibility. Students can focus on a particular field of study, which helps them become more competitive in their area of employment.
A master's degree can open many career doors, including certain career fields, advancement opportunities and higher salaries in the following areas:
- civic leadership and engagement
- education, at all levels
- nonprofit work
- Literary Leaders
- Classic Texts in Political Philosophy and Justice
- Classic Texts in Leadership and Statesmanship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Educational Leadership View 219 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Arizona State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in liberal arts, political science, history, philosophy, theology, the natural sciences or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation from people in education or leadership positions
- written statement
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.