- Complete your Master of Professional Psychology (equivalent to fifth year) in just 8 months
- The fastest pathway to your career as a registered practising Psychologist – complete the full 6-year pathway in just 4 years 8 months
- Gain confidence in your face-to-face consultancy skills with more than 300 hours of practical experience
- Work with real-life clients in supervised placements at our on-campus Psychology Clinic
- Tailor your degree by training in specialised areas of Psychology
- Extensive access to the Cognitive Research Labs and the Psychology Test Library
- Learn from internationally recognised Psychologists, Counsellors and Behavioural Therapists in small, personalised classes
The Professional Psychology from Bond University will provide selected Psychology graduates with a fifth year of professional training in Psychology. The degree will incorporate both coursework and supervised training and practice with the aim to provide students with a thorough grounding in professional practice to meet the accreditation standards set by APAC.
On completion of this program, students will be able to seek registration as a general Psychologist following a further sixth year of approved supervised practice.
According to the annual Employer Satisfaction Survey published by the Australian Government Department of Education, employer satisfaction with Bond graduates has been rated highest in Australia for three years in a row.
We believe this is due to Bond’s uniquely personalised approach to teaching, combined with the application of case-based learning that encourages the development of increased analytical reasoning, critical thinking and a range of broader employability skills.
The Master of Professional Psychology program is based on a scientist-practitioner model, giving students the knowledge and applied skills required to practise as a Psychologist.
This focus on practical skills, combined with Bond’s employability initiatives such as the Career Development Centre, on and off-campus industry and work experience opportunities, means you will enter the workforce with the skills, experience and employability to stand out.
- Counselling Psychotherapies and Clinical Skills
- Advanced Psychological Assessment
- Research Methods, Professional Practice and Ethics
- Psychopathology and Therapy: Adults
- Evidence Based Counselling & Therapy Practices across the Lifespan
- Advanced Cognitive Neuropsychology
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Counselling View 13 other Masters in Neuroscience in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 096695C
- Completion of an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited 4 year sequence of study in psychology (e.g., Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours); Graduate Diploma of Psychological Science or equivalent) within the last 10 years, and have achieved a minimum of one of H2A (Upper Second Class Honours), or 75% and above for consideration. Applicants must also be eligible for provisional registration as a psychologist. Applicants are assessed on academic performance, 2 referee reports and personal suitability via interview.
- Applications are also accepted into the Master of Clinical Psychology Program at Bond University from board registered Psychologists who have successfully completed the Master of Professional Psychology program or a Level 3 accredited APAC psychology program with a Distinction GPA level. Applicants will submit the same documents as outlined above.
International47360 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47360 AUD for the full programme during 8 months.
National44000 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44000 AUD for the full programme during 8 months.
Living costs for Gold Coast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.