It will help prepare them to lead in the development and maintenance of community health center practices and other health care practices.
- Rural Medical Scholars (RMS) established in 1996 by The University of Alabama School of Medicine (UASOM) to recruit students who grew up in rural Alabama who desire to practice primary care medicine in rural Alabama. RMS apply to UASOM, go through a special interview/selection process and enter a RMS 5-year track of study leading to the MD degree. For the first year, RMS spend a year on the Tuscaloosa campus in the MS in Rural Community Health program with a set of courses related to rural community health. Following this year, RMS then complete two years of pre-clinical study at UASOM in Birmingham. RMS then return to Tuscaloosa for two years of clinical medicine training in the College of Community Health Sciences (CCHS) (UASOM – Tuscaloosa Campus). After completing the MD degree, RMS enter residency training in the specialty of their choice.
- Rural Community Health Scholars (RCHS), students who exhibit a desire to be rural health care providers (not necessarily physicians), but are not eligible for the RMS program. Most of these students use the Master of Science degree as a bridge to a health professional school (medical, osteopathic, physician assistant, nursing, physical therapy, public health, doctor of philosophy, etc.) by demonstrating their ability to handle graduate-level studies and improving admission test scores.
- Indep Stdy Community Med (Fall Semester)
- Clin Corr and Study Strat
- Human Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1406 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- An online application form
- Application fee payment
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial admission scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT or MCAT; if required by the department)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Language scores (non-native English speakers)
International30250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15125 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15125 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5390 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tuscaloosa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.