- In addition, the department offers a GIS certificate program at the The University of Alabama that enables students to acquire technical and analytical skills.
- The graduate program in Geography prepares students to pursue further academic study and to work in a broad range of positions with federal, state, and local governments; environmental consulting firms; private conservation and resource management agencies; and educational institutions.
- This option requires a total of 30 credit hours including 6 hours of program requirements and 6 hours of thesis research. A minimum of 12 credit hours must be taken from courses in one of the areas of focus including earth system science; environment and natural resources; environment and society; or geographical information techniques. The remaining 6 credit hours may consist of courses from any of the other three areas of focus and/or may be selected from related courses offered in other disciplines with departmental approval (up to 6 of the 9 credit hours).
- Applied Climatology
- Climate Change and Health
- Geostatistics Using R
- Extreme Weather and Society
- Global Environmental Change
- Soil Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- Spring: Rolling admission.
DisciplinesGeography Natural Sciences View 381 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- An online application form
- Application fee payment
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial admission scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT or MCAT; if required by the department)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Language scores (non-native English speakers)
International30250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15125 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15125 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5390 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tuscaloosa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.