To nurture middle school and high school students’ knowledge and appreciation of the life sciences, a teacher needs more than a foundation in biology.
This Adolescence Education - Biology program at Fordham University develops teacher candidates’ knowledge and understanding of adolescent learning and development, educational theory, and best practices in science education.
Teacher candidates who meet all program requirements, complete the course of study and meet established field experience competencies are eligible for Fordham University’s endorsement for New York state initial certification in their program area.
Pass rates for Fordham’s initial teacher education graduates on the NYSTCE Teacher exams have been over 95% each year.
- Historical, Philosophical, and Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Educating Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners: Pre K-12
- Clinical Seminar in Adolescence Science Education
- Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum
- Psychology of Adolescent Development and Learning
- Teaching and Assessing Science in Adolescent Classrooms (7-12)
- Consultation and Co-Teaching in Collaborative Classrooms
- Special Education Foundations: Past, Present, Future
- Media Literacy Technology
- Teaching and Learning with Diverse Adolescents: Assessment and Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Biology Teaching View 1226 other Masters in Biology in United States
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including study abroad transcripts, must be submitted to the GSE Office of Admissions in official sealed envelopes.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants are required to submit a resume or curriculum Vitae (C.V.) with the online application.
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International46800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1560 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1560 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.