Public health social work is a contemporary, integrated, trans-disciplinary approach preventing, addressing, and solving social health problems.
Students who are interested in Social Work and Public Health program will take 2 years to complete each degree, however, by entering a dual program, students are expected to graduate in 3 years completing 99 credits. If you were to pursue both degree programs separately, you would need to complete 111 credits and it would take four years.
What you will learn
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Public Health Tracks include:
- Health Promotion & Disease Prevention
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Global Health
- Outcomes Research
- Health Care Management
- General Public Health
Fordham University concentration programs include:
- Leadership and Macro Practice: Human Service
- Leadership and Macro Practice: Community Based Practice
- Social Justice in Public Health & Medicine
- Current Topics in Public Health
- History of Public Health
- LGBTQI Health: Research, Policies and Best Practices
- Advocacy in Action: How to Solve Problems in Public Health
- Health and Human Rights: Human Rights Abuses, Torture & Its Consequences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 2167 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Fordham University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Grade Point Average: 3.0
- Official Transcripts
- Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded to the application; if you are accepted an official transcript must be sent to the Office of Admission prior to registration for classes
- One letter of Recommendation from an Academic or Professional Source
- Personal Statement
- International Students may need proof of English Language Proficiency
International31779 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 963 USD per credit during 36 months.
National31779 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 963 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.