Medical Biotechnology from Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) aims to resolve health problems of general community and to produce useful bioproducts such as vaccines, diagnostic kits, recombinant antibodies, food products and drugs. Biotechnologists also serve in educational, research and commercial organizations in an attempt to further benefit the public.
Students at Medical Biotechnology from Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) will be competent in the following skills:
- Effective communication, interaction and effort in the work environment
- Efficient work with the specialized tools and equipment
- Calibration of the related equipment
- Proper handling of animal models
- Expert knowledge and skill in researching and writing scientific reports
- Proper understanding of the environmental impacts associated with the activity; knowing how to perform risk assessments; being well familiar with safety instructions in his/her subject area.
- Cell line development
- Vaccine production
- Artificial tissue production
- Gene transfer to cells
- Production of monoclonal antibodies
- Cleaning and sterilization
- Preparation of required buffers
- Preparation of different cell culture media
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Biotechnology View 8 other Masters in Biotechnology in Iran
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in any field of medical sciences (biology, all fields), biotechnology, laboratory sciences, veterinary laboratory sciences and experimental sciences , MD, Pharm-D or veterinary medicine received in Iran or abroad.
- Application form
- A letter of application or motivation in which you clearly specify your major and level of interest.
- A Resume or C.V.
- Previous degree(s) in original
- Proficiency in English and Acceptable Scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- A passport-size photograph
- A high-quality scan of the mane pages of your password
International3000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 USD per year during 24 months.
National3000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.