Nutritional Sciences from Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) aims to educate and train professionals who can provide educational, research and consultancy services in various areas of the field, including nutritional hygiene, dietetics, community nutrition, food and nutrition planning, and nutritional care, for individuals and groups.
Students at Nutritional Sciences from Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) will be competent in the following skills:
- Use appropriate research and evaluation methodology to conduct education research, review the literature and collect and analyze data on food and nutritional issues
- Design food and nutrition education programs and plans for different situations, by assessing needs, identifying goals, developing appropriate theoretical frameworks, formulating the necessary materials and performing evaluation procedures
- Implement food and nutrition education programs, by effectively using oral and written communication technology, the media, in line with proper social marketing
- Apply appropriate education methods, rooted in proper behavioral sciences, to modify the inappropriate food behavior of the individuals and social groups.
- Employ projects for health promotion and disease prevention
- Manage nutrition screening/assessment and provide appropriate medical nutrition therapy for different individuals and social groups
- Conduct appropriate activities to support legislative and public policies on food and nutrition promotion and health-enhancement activities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biostatistical Methods
- Research Methodology in Nutritional Sciences
- Advanced Nutritional Physiology
- Advanced Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 39 other Masters in Public Health in Iran
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Holding a bachelor’s degree in nutritional sciences, food sciences and technology and animal biology (B.Sc.) received in Iran or abroad
- Application form
- A letter of application or motivation in which you clearly specify your major and level of interest.
- A Resume or C.V.
- Previous degree(s) in original
- Proficiency in English and Acceptable Scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- A passport-size photograph
- A high-quality scan of the mane pages of your password
International3000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 USD per year during 30 months.
National3000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 USD per year during 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.