The program draws upon the multidisciplinary composition of Management of Innovation, Sustainability and Technology (MIST) faculty and the interdisciplinary spirit of UC Merced to deliver a distinctive educational experience – one that provides students the flexibility to cross-breed coursework and mentorship with other domains of engineering, science, and social science.
Likewise, the Management Of Complex Systems program at University of California, Merced does not require prospective students to have any particular undergraduate degree.
- Courses are directly taught by MIST core faculty who have expertise in various facets of adaptive management of complex coupled human and natural systems, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations and public and private enterprises.
- As such, coursework and thesis projects are aimed at developing management skills tailored for ‘wicked problems’ – those of indeterminate scale and scope requiring interdisciplinary collaboration – that are so often encountered in complex adaptive systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Management
- Research Methods for Management
- Communication for Managers
- Research Independence
- Research Ethics and Societal Context
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership Master in Management (MIM) View 227 other Masters in Project Management in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a major appropriate to the proposed graduate program. This degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent both in the distribution of academic subject matter and scholarship achievement comparable to that offered at the University of California.
- Have a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) is required.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students only).
International11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5751 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Merced
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.