This Master of Public Health (MPH) in Leadership and Public Health Practice (online) from University of Colorado Denver will prepare you for leadership positions in public-health-driven organizations in health care, government, non-profit and for-profit industries.
With courses in all five core areas of public health, ranging from biostatistics to health policy, you’ll learn the fundamentals of the discipline. In addition, you’ll gain the management, budgeting, evaluation and public health administration experience you need to become an effective leader and manager. You can also tailor your coursework to your passions with nine elective credits. Our electives cover a range of hot topics in public health such as GIS mapping, public health informatics, communication for public health impact and more.
Students in this program must complete 42 credit hours, including practice-based learning experiences. Students complete a practicum, in which they apply their skills in a public health field site and a capstone, in which they synthesize their MPH competencies in a final deliverable for a practice-based public health partner.
Alumni of the MPH program work in a variety of organizations and agencies, such as:
- State and local health departments
- Non-profits and non-governmental organizations
- Military and federal government agencies
- Universities Hospital and health care organizations (e.g. HMO’s, insurance)
- Biotech and for-profit health organizations
- The ColoradoSPH Office of Career Services offers career advising and connects students with alumni and potential employers. Their services are available to both online and in-person students as well as alums.
- Foundations in Public Health
- Applied Biostatistics
- Occupational and Environmental Health
- Social and Behavioral Factors in Health
- Health Systems Management and Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Health Public Administration View 191 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- To apply for admission, applicants are required to complete the online SOPHAS application. All application materials should be submitted directly to SOPHAS. As of October 1, 2019, the GRE is no longer required for admission to the MPH program at the ColoradoSPH.
- Transcript evaluation
- Official TOEFL scores
- Minimum GPA
- Statement of purpose and objectives
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
International56784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1352 USD per credit during 12 months.
National56784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1352 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State34986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 833 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.