This Literacy Education (online) concentration from University of Colorado Denver and endorsement will enhance your literacy instruction skills and credentials and provide you with the advanced knowledge and training to build on students’ languages, abilities, cultures, and real-world experiences.
Recommendations for endorsements are made by the Literacy Education program, but the endorsement is granted by the State of Colorado. Individual state requirements vary and may include teaching experience in addition to a valid teaching credential. Students should consult with the Colorado Department of Education or another state in which they wish to be endorsed for the most updated endorsement requirements. Please note that the Colorado Department of Education also requires two years of post-license teaching experience to apply for the Reading Teacher endorsement.
We welcome applications from licensed individuals who have a strong interest in bringing hands-on literacy learning to their students. A teaching license is not required for this program; however, participants are required to have access to students. Each district has its own rules about granting permission to non-employees for working with their students.
Programme StructureAs part of this program, you will learn to fully engage students in your classroom by exploring:
- Language and literacy acquisition
- Effective practices in teaching reading and writing
- Culturally relevant teaching practices
- Children’s and adolescent literature
- Digital literacy & use of technology to enhance literacy instruction
- Literacy assessment and informed instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Literacy Education View 55 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Three recommendation letters
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- $50 application fee
- Written Statement: Describe your interest in the program, your special strengths, and the goals you hope to achieve through your work in the program.
- If applying for an endorsement, a copy of your teaching license is required.
- International Applicants only: Proof of English language proficiency
- Admissions Interview: An interview may be required as part of the admissions process. If so, applicants will be contacted with more details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.