About the Program
Sports Product Design is the creation of innovative sports product through research and design. It is a focused experience in research, ideation, materials, creation, development, production, and validation specific to sport products. The master of science in sports product design prepares designers to be key members and leaders of multidisciplinary development teams within the more than 800 sports product companies located in Oregon and beyond. The degree also focuses on innovation methodology, athletic performance, sustainability, and sports product marketing and branding.
Entering students equipped with conceptual problem-solving abilities, knowledge of materials and production, strategies for emotional product resonance and relevance, and entrepreneurial skills will have their designer’s toolboxes enhanced with a deep, specific study of sports product methods, tools and technologies, human physiology, biomechanics, and perception.
The Sports Product Design program of the University of Oregon is developing the next generation of innovative designers to inspire athletes around the world to play harder, run faster, and push the boundaries of the sport. Students who graduate from this program will be capable of making strong contributions to the sports design culture of Oregon and the world at large.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Soft Goods Technologies for Sports Product Design
- Digital Technologies for Sports Product Creation
- Sports Product Design and Business
- Sports Product Materials and Manufacturing
- Sports Product Design Research Methodology and Innovation Process Studio
- Product Design Studio I—Apparel
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The priority application deadline for the following fall term is January 15, but we will accept applications until space is full.
DisciplinesDesign Sports Management Retail Management View 276 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Eligible students wishing to apply for the master of science in sports product design program in Portland will have fulfilled degree requirements for a BA or BS or other professional degree before starting the program
- University of Oregon Graduate School Application
- Must send a TOEFL score report
- Statement of Interest: a 300-word statement expressing your specific interest in pursuing a MS degree in Sports Product Design. Tell us how you see yourself influencing the future of sports product innovation
- Work, Internship, or Personal Experience: a 300-word statement about your personal and professional experiences in relationship to applying to the program
- Portfolio: we are looking for examples that show your ability to problem-solve throughout the creative process. Consider the portfolio as a demonstration of your design abilities
- Three letters of recommendation
- $12 administrative submission fee
International30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 20 months.
National30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 20 months.
In-State18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18120 USD per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Eugene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.