About the Program
Students entering the M.A. program may specialize in French, Italian, or Spanish, or combine two of these fields for a major in Romance Languages. The Master of Arts program consists of:
- Fall Forum Presentation and Paper
- Written Examinations
- M.A. Research Project
The Romance Languages program of the University of Oregon is designed to be completed in two years. To help students navigate requirements, a faculty advisor is assigned by the department at the beginning of the first year. Students may change advisors later if they wish.
- Students whose knowledge of the language(s) (French and/or Italian and/or Spanish) is found to be deficient will be required to supplement this 52-hour program with an advanced writing class or additional study abroad/immersion.
- All M.A. students must take the Second Language Teaching Methods course (RL 608) in the fall of their first year of graduate studies, and the Introduction to Literary Studies in Romance Languages (RL 620) in the winter term of their first year. All M.A. students must also take Romance Languages Colloquium (RL 623) as a two- or four-credit graded course. Finally, students must take one 2-credit Preparatory Reading course (RL 605) during the summer following their first year in the program. The remaining course work should be done in French or Italian or Spanish or Romance Language courses.
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 760 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose: You must upload a 750-word statement of purpose describing: your academic experience, your reasons for wanting to do graduate work at the Department of Romance Languages, and your eventual career goals
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
- GRE scores are not required for the Department of Romance Languages graduate programs
International30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 20 months.
National30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 20 months.
In-State18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18120 USD per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Eugene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.