The MEng in Civil Engineering (online) from University of Colorado Denver requires a minimum of 30 credit hours and can be completed in as few as 24 months. You’ll choose from two fully online specializations to focus your degree: Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) or Geomatics and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Construction Engineering and Management
The interdisciplinary MEng in Civil Engineering — Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) online program leverages CU Denver’s accredited schools of engineering, architecture, and business to prepare you for today’s complex construction industry.
The fully online program is designed to empower engineers, construction managers, architects, business majors, and others to take on leadership roles within a wide variety of construction career paths or to transition into the dynamic, exciting, and high-paying building industry.
You’ll graduate from the program with the hands-on expertise needed to engage in the responsibilities of construction engineers and managers, including building and site design, engineering, planning, and leading schedules, quality assurance and control, cost estimating, and construction project management.
Geomatics and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
The MEng in Civil Engineering – Geomatics and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) online program provides broad-based expertise and cutting-edge skills that span the growing geospatial field. Our program is created for engineers and other geospatial, environmental, and urban infrastructure professionals seeking skills in using and managing rapidly developing geospatial data technologies.
Our program prepares graduates for careers in industry or the public sector. As a graduate, you will have a comprehensive understanding of both geomatics and GIS disciplines, empowering you to advance your career in geospatial engineering and analysis or continue conducting research to further advance the science of this field.
- Our program's core focuses on construction planning and controls, cost estimating, and materials and methods. Elective courses include sustainable construction, project management, BIM, and others. Additional advanced engineering courses are available in transportation, structures, soils, sustainability, and more.
- Our Geomatics and GIS curriculum covers a wide range of geospatial principles. You will learn from industry professionals in areas of surveying, geodesy, mapping science and cartography, GNSS and GPS, photogrammetry, remote sensing, high-definition surveying, and relational GIS databases.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Sciences View 63 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master of Engineering (MEng) in Civil Engineering at CU Denver is intended for students who have not previously earned an undergraduate degree in engineering. The Master of Engineering program is structured to give basic knowledge in engineering in an interdisciplinary manner, allowing students to enhance their engineering education with courses from complementary areas of study. If you earned an undergraduate degree in engineering, you’ll follow the Master of Science (MS) in Civil Engineering degree path.
- Admission requirements and deadlines vary based on the program. In addition, you will have different requirements depending on if you are a first-time student, a transfer student, or an international student.
- Unsure whether you should pursue an MS or MEng? Fill out the form above or contact an Enrollment Navigator today to find out which degree is right for you.
International10965 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10965 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 731 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 626 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.