The primary goal of the MS Family Nurse Practitioner hybrid program at Northeastern University is to educate family nurse practitioners who are capable of providing evidence-based, culturally and linguistically competent, ethical primary healthcare to individuals and families in a variety of health care settings. Graduates will become nurse clinicians, educators, scholars, researchers, and lifelong learners.
The program is offered in a hybrid format with the majority of the classes delivered online, coupled with live presentation sessions. Students are required to be on campus twice per semester. Upon completion of the primary care program, graduates are eligible to sit for all national certification exams in their area of practice.
- Prepares students for national certification exams in their area of practice
- Program features 720 hours of clinical experience
- This program is appropriate for licensed nurses who do not possess a master's degree in nursing
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Healthcare System and Professional Role Development
- Epidemiology and Population Health
- Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice
- Health Assessment
- Family Care of the Adult/Older Adult Patient
- Family Theory
- Family Care of the Pediatric and Adolescent Patient
- Healthcare of Women in Family Practice
- Pharmacology of Adults and Older Adults
- Pediatric Pharmacology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 799 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Personal statement
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants who do not hold a degree from a U.S. institution and whose native language is not English
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program (USA).
- Minimum GPA of 3.0, with grades of ‘B’ or better, is required in all undergraduate clinical courses.
- Current RN licensure.
- At least 1 year of active full-time nursing experience. Attention will be given to former nursing positions that required a high level of independence. Experience in care of pediatric as well as adult populations is encouraged.
- Letter of intent to study.
- Personal interview.
International41150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82300 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National41150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82300 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.