Through this Applied Molecular Biology and Biotechnology course at the University of Delaware, students will gain specialized, in-depth professional hands-on skills and leadership competencies preparing them to succeed within the increasingly competitive biomedical sciences sector. In today’s employment market, individuals seeking positions in the laboratory-based professions require a tangible skill set, as employers can no longer “pay to train.”
This program allows students to gain defined bench-focused technical competency, in addition to training in regulatory and fiscal affairs that impact laboratory management. Following graduation, students can apply their knowledge to meet specific career goals whether it be laboratory practice in biotechnology, molecular diagnostic or academic research settings. The AMBB M.S. curriculum prepares students to sit for the national certification examination in molecular diagnostics administered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology - Technologist in Molecular Biology or MB(ASCP).
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Research laboratory
- Public health
- Molecular Preparatory Techniques
- Basic Molecular Techniques
- Protein Purification and Characterization
- Flow Cytometry
- Practical Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics
- Cell and Tissue Culture Techniques
- Clinical and Molecular Cell Biology
- Human Molecular Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 1172 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A nonrefundable application fee submitted with the application.
- Applicants must list and upload unofficial transcripts of all post-high school academic work from all institutions attended.
- Applicants must submit a Personal Statement or answer specific questions or essays as part of the application; a Resume
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) admission test scores
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.