Among these, the analysis of the effects of policies (economic, social) or the evaluation of actions (investments, marketing campaigns) and any other activity related to the sectors of economy, marketing, business and finance or social sciences.
The course of study provides for the construction of solid methodological bases through the development of topics of economic theory, decision theory under uncertainty conditions, micro-econometric techniques and analysis of time series.
It also provides for the study of new data management technologies and scalability of analysis systems in cloud environments, as well as machine learning techniques for the extraction and classification of information.
A further focus is instead on the aspects of technological innovation and their impact on the data-driven business, including new markets and the fintech sector. A third address instead lays the foundations for the study of social phenomena through innovative technologies and techniques of social media analysis and textual analysis.
These specialization activities are geared, together with the external training activity, to the preparation of the thesis dissertation and to the final exam. Therefore, the thesis is considered as the fulfillment of a course of study and apprenticeship that originates in the choice of courses of address.
The MSc program in Data Science for Economics from The University of Milan, aims to train the following professional figures.
- Data Scientist
- Data Driven Economist
- Data-Driven Decision Maker
- Marketing Analytics Manager
- Graph Theory, Discrete Mathematics and Optimization
- Machine Learning, Statistical Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Micro-econometrics, Causal Inference and Time Series Econometrics
- Advanced Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Coding for Data Science and Data Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The possession of linguistic skills at least at B2 level in the English language is a requirement for access.
- Candidates can prove their English language knowledge by presenting:
- a certificate, at least level B2, of proven international validity (e.g., TOELF, IELTS, etc.);
- a certificate attesting a B2 level test organized within the University;
- a certification attesting a higher education qualification (bachelor) obtained in English;
- a certification certifying the achievement of a university exam or English language qualification at least level B2, clearly stating the level achieved;
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- First instalment: 156 EUR per semester
- Second instalment: varies according to ISEE University value, degree program and student status
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.