The Master Programme in Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine from The University of Milan, will provide students with a strong educational background on the genetic and molecular bases of diseases and the pathophysiological mechanisms that occur in humans in pathological states, in order to develop diagnostic and therapeutic strategies based on biotechnology.
This knowledge will be integrated with a specific formation in the fields of informatics, biophysics, nanotechnology and pharmacology. The Master Programme is organized in common and curricular learning activities focused on neuroscience, oncology, molecular diagnostics and immunobiotechnology.
As a part of the common course, the students will learn about economic management of a scientific project, with emphasis on the construction of a business plan and cost analysis.
The Master Programme dedicates a long period of time, almost the entire second year, to laboratory activities in which the student, under the supervision of a tutor, will autonomously develop and apply different experimental approaches in the context of a wider research project. This activity will be finalized to the preparation of the degree programme final exam.
The objective of the course is to provide the scientific community with experts in the fields of medical biotechnology and molecular medicine able to develop new experimental models for the study of human diseases, to develop new diagnostic approaches, to identify new therapeutic molecules, to devise innovative drug delivery systems.
All these possibilities arise from the competences of the Master's graduate who will have a strong medical educational background that will allow her/him to represent a fruitful interface with the clinics, building a bridge between the bench and the bedside. A deep knowledge of the pathogenetic mechanisms of diseases is required in order to apply basic disciplines to the resolution of medical problems.
Employment opportunities: public and private research structures, including Universities, CNR (National Research Council), Istituto Superiore di Sanità (National Institute for health); Hospitals; private pharmaceutical, diagnostics and biotechnological companies; companies supporting scientific research (instruments, biotechnological reagents); companies involved in science communication and publishing.
- Advanced microscopic techniques and nanotechnology
- Applied pharmacology to biotechnology
- Pathogenetic basis of diseases
- Genetic and molecular bases of diseases
- Human biochemistry
- Molecular biology applied to biotechnology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- For non-EU students resident abroad (applicants for a student visa) the admission to the Master Programme will be based on the assessment of the personal and scholastic curriculum and on an interview evaluation.
- In order to profitably follow the learning activities, the candidate should have a good knowledge of spoken and written English. The B2 level is required and the certification has to be provided at the registration of the admission test.
- Students waiting to obtain the Bachelor's Degree, can participate in the admission test "sub iudice".
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.