In-depth and up-to-date knowledge will be provided for the following subjects: molecular analysis of the genome; regulation of gene expression; structure and function of biological macromolecules and their interactions in supramolecular complexes; cellular communication, signal perception and transduction, metabolic regulation, biomolecular engineering and computing. Both theoretical and practical aspects of biomolecular research will be addressed.
Graduate students will learn to apply novel and emerging research technologies/approaches, cutting-edge data acquisition systems and analysis, and will have hands-on experience with top-level nanotechnology, hosted in the research laboratories of the DBS. MBC graduates will be well-equipped to enter further, postgraduate-level education programmes.
The Molecular Biology of the Cell graduate from The University of Milan, will acquire specialized and in-depth knowledge in molecular and cellular biology, and consolidated competences in the application of state-of-the-art analytical methodologies and experimental techniques to address a variety of biological challenges.
This highly specific, yet multidisciplinary, profile will offer MBC graduates professional employment opportunities in both the public and private sectors, operating in biology-related fields. In particular, MBC will provide the necessary training to allow graduate employment in the following sectors:
- basic and applied academic research, in universities and other public/private research centers;
- environmental management /protection sectors;
- biomedical, agro-bio and pharmaceutical industries, and related professional sectors;
- promotion and development of innovative scientific technologies;
- biotechnological research and development in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and food industries
- editorial, intellectual property and scientific dissemination sectors;
- project management in the biotech industry;
- Biology teaching in adherence to Italian laws;
The fact that MBC is carried out entirely in English, will allow graduates to engage with public/professional sectors in both a national and international setting.
- Advanced molecular biology
- Molecular bioinformatics
- Organic chemistry applied to biology
- Molecular genetics
- Protein biochemistry
- Structural biology of the cell
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students lacking adequate curricular requirements should contact the Coordinator of the Master's course well in advance, to plan the acquisition of the requested CFUs prior to the application deadline.
- The admission exam will consist of a formal interview (that can be arranged online) with an Evaluation Committee that will verify the candidate's background knowledge in Biology. A self-assessment test of theoretical knowledge will be made available to students prior to their interview to verify their level of knowledge.
- For all students, knowledge of the English language must be at least B1 level ("lower intermediate") according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages or equivalent certification. The proficiency in scientific English will be verified by the committee during the interview.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- First instalment: 156 EUR per semester
- Second instalment: varies according to ISEE University value, degree program and student status
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.