Bioeconomy responds to the environmental challenges the world is facing, oriented to reduce the dependence on natural resources, transform manufacturing, promote sustainable production of renewable plant, microbial and animal resources and their conversion into food, feed, materials, bio-based products and bio-energy, while growing new jobs and industries.
In this context, the Biotechnology for the Bioeconomy Master degree aims at providing students with advanced molecular and cellular background of microbial and plant systems, which are the basis for the several sectors of the biotechnologies applied to the bioeconomy.
The BforB Master degree from The University of Milan, will equip students with a solid and broad expertise about the structure and function of biological macromolecules of interest for the bioeconomy sector.
The BforB graduate is an expert in coordination, management and set up of research and development laboratories in public entities and in private companies in the chemical, agro-environmental and biotechnological sectors.
The function will primarily be the development, implementation and coordination of laboratory activity within basic and applied research projects, the set-up of bioprocesses, the quality control.
- Biomass and waste recycling promoting the circular economy
- Fermentation biotechnology
- Methods in biotechnology
- Structure and functions of biomolecules
- Environmental microbial biotechnology
- Environmental plant biotechnology
- Protein engineering and proteomics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students with a degree from a non-Italian institution: must possess a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or University comprising exams in the following areas: molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, plant cell biology, biochemistry, chemistry.
- Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
- The personal curriculum of the applicants and the certifications will be evaluated by an Admission Committee composed of the coordinator and at least two lecturers of the Master degree. No interview is foreseen.
- The applicants will receive communication of their eligibility and will be allowed to enrol in the Master degree program.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.