Some special topics of interest of this Materials Science and Engineering program are composites, inorganic-organic hybrids, nanocomposites, organic optoelectronics, and, in relation to the structure of materials, the investigation of grain boundaries, surfaces and structural defects.
Also studied are materials synthesis and processing and solid state reactions in model systems. Many faculty are involved in electronic packaging. Numerous interactions exist with other fields at Cornell University.
Concentrations by Subject
- materials engineering
- materials science
- A central focus of the M.S. degree is the Master's Thesis, which must be completed and defended within two years.
- M.S. students must enroll in (department colloquium) and (Special Seminar, i.e., Research Group Meetings). Satisfactory progress in requires that all colloquia be attended, although one unexplained absence will be excused.
- M.S. students should design a course sequence to serve their educational objectives in consultation with their faculty research advisor.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 371 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cornell University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in engineering or physical science. Additional information about course programs and research areas is available on request from the graduate field office.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- three recommendations
- GRE general test is optional
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 24 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.