Natural Resources at Cornell University emphasizes developing broad-based knowledge necessary to manage natural resources.
The Field of Natural Resources provides freedom to design a graduate program that addresses the individual interests of students. Excellent laboratory and field facilities are available. Many graduate students in the field also pursue international research topics.
The graduate program from Cornell University, in natural resources is highly individualized and interdisciplinary. Students work with faculty advisors to identify course requirements and to define a research or professional project.
In order to be admitted, a faculty member must express interest in supervising a prospective student, therefore it is important to correspond with potential faculty advisors during the application process.
Students at Natural Resources at Cornell University will:
- demonstrate a broad based knowledge in Natural Resources Management and a mastery of knowledge in one of the field’s sub-disciplines.
- demonstrate an ability to create new knowledge, and make an original and substantial contribution in a focal sub-discipline in an appropriate timeframe.
- applied ecology
- community-based natural resources management
- conservation biology
- ecosystem biology and biogeochemistry
- fishery and aquatic science
- forest science
- human dimensions of natural resources management
- policy and institutional analysis
- program development and evaluation
- quantitative ecology
- risk analysis and management
- wildlife science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The Natural Resources graduate field has a rolling admissions policy and will accept applications through February 28th.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Biodiversity & Conservation Natural Sciences View 218 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- three recommendations
- curriculum vita (CV)
- A faculty member must sponsor your application for review by the Admissions Committee. Therefore, it is important that you correspond with and obtain sponsorship from a faculty advisor during the application process
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 12 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.