Through a balanced focus on wellness and psychopathology, the program offers students a solid foundation in counseling theory, counseling strategies and a concentration in addictions counseling. Gain the knowledge and skills to make a deep impact on people’s lives.
- Graduate students in the Clinical Mental Health and Addictions Counseling Concentration at College of William & Mary complete a total of 60 semester hours of classroom and clinical course work.
- The program is organized into groups of required foundation courses, basic counseling courses, and specialized courses that enable a student to concentrate in addictions counseling.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Substance Abuse and Society
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Techniques of Counseling
- Group Theory and Techniques
- Professional, Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- Addictions Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 635 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Essay
- Admission Test Requirements
- Official Transcripts
International34978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34978 USD per year during 24 months.
National34978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34978 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Williamsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.