Our curriculum will challenge you and help develop your understanding of patient intervention and advocacy methods. The Counseling program at College of William & Mary will train students to become licensed professional counselors and help those in need.
Explore coursework in psychopathology, ethics, holistic wellness, multicultural counseling and more. Prepare to fill professional roles in community-based mental health centers, hospitals, Veterans Affairs clinics, and other treatment centers.
Because licensed professional counselors will work with professionals from other helping disciplines, your studies will also place great emphasis on the following competencies:
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Techniques of Counseling
- Group Theory and Techniques
- Professional, Ethical, and Legal Issues in Counseling
- Theory and Practice of Multicultural Counseling
- For Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Substance Abuse and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Counselling Psychology View 102 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application
- Application fee of $50
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended
- GRE scores
- 3 letters of recommendation from academic and professional references
- Personal essay
- Resume detailing full employment history
International19950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.