The current Master in Petroleum Engineering at Técnico is in the Top 50 of the best Masters in Petroleum Engineering in the World. This MSc. programme is internationally recognized for his students' dissertation work in the areas of characterization and modeling of hydrocarbon reservoirs, seismic inversion and production optimization (history matching).
What you'll study
The new Master in Energy Resources Engineering from University of Lisbon build upon the excellent curriculum and the unique features of the subsurface characterization of Petroleum Engineering, to respond to the new challenges that arise with the energy transition. MERE intends to provide students with knowledge, methods and tools relevant to the challenges they will need to face in the future, which are crucial for the energy sustainability of our planet, and which allow the characterization and modeling of the properties and processes that occur on the Earth's subsurface, especially those related to water, CO 2, oil and gas flows.
The professional opportunities for this Master are very diversified, with graduates qualified to develop activities in areas related to mineral energy resources:
- Upstream of the oil and gas industry: reservoir engineering; modeling of oil reservoirs; seismic characterization of reservoirs
- Renewable energy companies: geothermal energy, offshore windfarms
- Underground water resources management and characterization companies
- CO2 geological sequestration companies
- Major international consulting companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Oil and Gas
- Geophysical Digital Signal Processing
- Reservoir Engineering
- Applied Geophysics for Hydrocarbon Exploration
- Stochastic Modelling of Oil Reservoirs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSoil Science Geology Mining, Oil & Gas View 8 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc graduates in Engineering or Geology (minimum 3 years).
- The level in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistryaquired in the degrees hold by the candidates when applying to the course must be, in scope and depth, equivalent to the corresponding courses taught in the undergraduate Engineering programmes at the Instituto Superior Técnico.
- The Scientific Committee of the course decides, upon the analysis of the academic curriculum of the candidate whether the equivalence is given.
- In case the equivalence is not given, the Scientific Committee of the course may decide to include in the study plan of the candidate a bridging program of propedeutic courses (not counted in the course corresponding to 120 ECTS) at the level of basic courses.
- Students should have knowledge of written and spoken English.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.