This Curriculum and Instruction - ESL and Bilingual Education program at College of William & Mary is open to, and only to, people who are not already certified to teach. The degree will also help prepare students who wish to pursue a doctoral degree in ESL/Bilingual Education.
W&M's program in ESL/bilingual education prepares compassionate, knowledgeable educators with the foundation and skills to support ELs and their families.
- Grounded in an understanding of issues of social justice and equity, the program helps students learn to be advocates for students and their families.
- Students gain an in-depth foundation in research and theory and learn to integrate additive and effective language and content instruction while embracing ELs' culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Methods in Teaching ESL, PreK-12
- Cross-Cultural & Cross-Linguistic Communication for Educators
- Understanding Language: Second Language Acquisition, Theory, and Practice
- Bilingual Education and Dual Language Programs
- ESL and Bilingual Education Practicum
- Language Development and Reading Instruction for Exceptional Students
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 2029 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Essay
- Admission Test Requirements
- Official Transcripts
International34978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34978 USD per year during 12 months.
National34978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34978 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State16618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Williamsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.