Throughout the Quality and Safety in Healthcare Management programme from Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, you will acquire a deep understanding of core concepts around patient safety, quality, accreditation and governance. Following the completion of the six taught modules, you will further enhance your skills by leading a change project aimed at addressing, quality, health and safety issues in healthcare.Graduates of this programme are better placed to ensure the delivery and configuration of high-quality health services, and to lead change projects and other development initiatives in their fields. They are also equipped to specialise in formal quality and safety roles.
All those working in the healthcare sector including doctors, managers, nurses, interdisciplinary health and social care workers, allied health professionals, other clinical specialists and administrators who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the management of quality and safety in healthcare.
Personnel in allied health businesses such as medical supplies and equipment, as well as the pharmaceutical sector, and particularly healthcare regulators should also find the programme highly relevant.
- Quality & Safety in Healthcare
- Tools & Frameworks for Quality
- Leadership & Strategic Management
- Accreditation & Standards
- Clinical Governance
- Evaluation Measurement & Research
- Action Learning Sets and Action Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 109 other Masters in Public Health in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must hold a primary degree at Level 8 NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications) - For applicants who don’t hold a primary degree, there is a recognition of prior learning (RPL) pathway outlined below.
- Applicants should be working in healthcare industry
- Applicants (unless exempt) must meet the English Language Requirements - English proficiency test
- There are two exceptions to the above:
- If you are a native speaker of English and have completed your undergraduate education in an English institution in a country where English is the official language.
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Year 1: €8,000
- Year 2: €4,500
- Year 1: €13,000
- Year 2: €7,000
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.