- The Particle Accelerators for Medical Application programme is offered at the National Research Nuclear University MEPhI.
- Proton accelerators (frequently cyclotrons) are used for the production of radio isotopes needed for positron emission tomography (PET) and single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT).
- MEPhI has been implementing radio diagnostics educational programs for many years already. The operation and the testing of high-tech complexes of radio and nuclear medicine demand well-trained specialists that have necessary competences. Such specialists should study many different courses as well as accelerators theory and engineering and main components of particle accelerators. They also should have expertise in contemporary trends in particle accelerators and have necessary practical and operational experience. The proposed Master’s program was developed for future training of students that just finished base course and for specialists having few years of work in the field of medical accelerators and planning to continue the education.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The main feature of this Master’s program is the combination of accelerators engineering and medical physics. As an example, the module “Nuclear medicine” is included to the program to give students base knowledge about operation of accelerators in clinic.
- The Master’s program includes theoretical part (lectures and seminars) and practical part that is conducted at MEPhI which has a number of operating accelerators. Practical training is done in cooperation with N.N. Blokhin Russian National Cancer Treatment Center located next to the MEPhI Moscow campus.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 16.7 deadline for additional admission examinations
- 23.7 deadline without examinations
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 25 other Masters in Physics in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Passport photocopy, including all the pages containing relevant information about the owner;
- Medical certificate issued by an official healthcare authority of country confirming that the applicant has no contra-indications for studying in Russia;
- Negative AIDS/HIV test certificate issued by an official healthcare authority of country;
- Original and Copy of education certificates along with the list of subjects studied and grades scored.
- your personal data (e-mail address and current contact phone number);
- academic program you are willing to obtain;
- your level of Russian language proficiency.
International4552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2276 USD per semester during 24 months.
National4552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2276 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Semester tuition fee, rub: 137 500
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.