About this Degree
- 33 credit hours
- Fully online courses
- Provides advanced teacher licensure in Special Education to individuals with an undergraduate degree in special education or another education-related field
- Designed for teachers seeking competence in instructional and positive behavioral strategies for students with learning/behavioral needs
- Coursework from the Post-Baccalaureate Alternative Initial Licensure in Special Education may be applied toward this degree
- Accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
Why choose the MEd in Special Education: General Curriculum?
Students in this Special Education - General Curriculum program at the University of North Carolina Greensboro have the opportunity to work closely with professors in integrated settings, with a focus on interdisciplinary and interagency collaboration. The program prepares students for professional careers in rural urban, public, and private schools, residential settings, community agencies, clinics, and organizations.
Coursework from the Post-Baccalaureate Alternative Initial Licensure in Special Education may be applied toward this degree provided the student meets all admission requirements of the Graduate School and the Department of Specialized Education Services.
- Behavior Management
- Ecologically Based Instruction
- Transition Across the Age-Span
- Reading Instruction
- Advanced Seminar: Special Education
- Math and Science Instruction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 1250 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Greensboro and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers
International16470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1098 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 626 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 336 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.