University of Miami's Vocal Jazz Performance program of study is designed for students possessing a bachelor's degree in jazz studies-jazz voice or jazz vocal performance. Students who hold an undergraduate degree in a related music area with professional jazz performance experience may also be successful candidates for this program.
Students experience a wide variety of learning environments with our faculty who are established teachers and industry professionals. The MSJV master's program provides our students with opportunities to rehearse and conduct a major performance jazz vocal ensemble and gain an understanding and knowledge of jazz pedagogy.
- Advanced Improvisation
- Advanced Jazz Improvisation Theory
- Jazz Composition Seminar
- Advanced Modern Arranging
- Jazz Pedagogy and Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 1089 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The most competitive UM applicants have a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcripts
- Send official Test Scores: Test scores will only be accepted if they are submitted directly from the testing agency
- Complete the School Report
- Letter(s) or Recommendation
- Conduct updates, if applicable
- Special Programs may ask for additional requirements like a portfolio or/and schedule and audition
- If applicable, submit your financial aid documents
- For international students only: Submit official test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 24 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.