To qualify for admission to the MSc program in Mechanical Engineering from Cankaya University, students are required to have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related engineering field. Candidates who have bachelor's degree in another engineering field may be required to take additional undergraduate courses.
The MSc with thesis option requires successful completion of a total of 21 credits of coursework (7 courses), non-credit ME 590 Seminar course, non-credit RME 500 Research Methods and Ethics course and ME 599 MSc thesis.
- Students also register to ME 591 Special Studies course every semester after they start thesis research.
- The non-thesis MSc option requires successful completion of a total of 30 credits of coursework (10 courses), RME 500 Research Methods and Ethics course and non-credit ME 592 Project course. In both options the coursework contains 6 credits of compulsory applied engineering mathematics courses (2 courses).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Analytical Methods in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Numerical Methods for Engineers
- Mechanical Engineering Measurements
- Advanced Heat Transfer and Applications
- Conduction Heat Transfer
- Convection Heat Transfer
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- ALES certificate is not required from foreign applicants.
- GRE and GMAT certificates are not required while applying for master’s degree programs.
- An at most 5 year old YDS or equivalent, YÖKDİL, KPDS, ÜDS, TOEFL IBT, CAE, CPE, PEARSON PTE Academic, FCE or Cankaya the University’s proficiency exam certificate is required for the master’s degree programs in English;
International3600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1800 USD per semester during 12 months.
- national 2.400 TL - 3 credits
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.