University of Miami's one-year M.S. in Biostatistics Program is meant to be a terminal degree that provides students with the necessary background for applying biostatistical practices in real-world settings. Students will acquire the necessary foundation and gain practical skills that can be applied immediately to a variety of data settings, including the biological life sciences, public health, medical studies, health services research, and more.
- The degree consists of 33 credits covering introductory probability, biostatistics, introductory epidemiology, public health, computing, clinical trials, introductory survival analysis, and introductory mathematical statistics. Enrichment is provided by a statistical practicum and a seminar course.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics View 414 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The most competitive UM applicants have a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcripts
- Send official Test Scores: Test scores will only be accepted if they are submitted directly from the testing agency
- Complete the School Report
- Letter(s) or Recommendation
- Conduct updates, if applicable
- Special Programs may ask for additional requirements like a portfolio or/and schedule and audition
- If applicable, submit your financial aid documents
- For international students only: Submit official test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 24 months.
National39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.