The discipline of biochemistry is at the center of the basic biomedical sciences–a detailed, mechanistic understanding of biochemical pathways and processes is critical in clinical medicine and discovery in academic and industrial settings. This is reflected in an increased need from industry, academia, and governmental labs for students trained in molecular biology techniques and protein chemistry.
University of Miami's M.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is targeted to students interested in joining the science workforce after a bachelor’s degree in industry, academic, and government labs. The program is also suitable for students who need additional training in biochemistry and molecular biology to pursue Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. programs after earning an M.S. degree. The program is also useful for students who want to transition into the lab science workforce faster but were not prepared for lab or research hands-on experience during their undergraduate degree. This program allows students to begin their careers or be better prepared to apply for Ph.D. programs.
- Principles of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Scientific Communication
- Advanced Topics in BMB (Nano Medicine)
- Research in BMB
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 708 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The most competitive UM applicants have a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcripts
- Send official Test Scores: Test scores will only be accepted if they are submitted directly from the testing agency
- Complete the School Report
- Letter(s) or Recommendation
- Conduct updates, if applicable
- Special Programs may ask for additional requirements like a portfolio or/and schedule and audition
- If applicable, submit your financial aid documents
- For international students only: Submit official test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 24 months.
National39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.