- The development of problem solving skills is a major emphasis. In addition, the Department provides appropriate instruction of physiology to dental, allied health pharmacy and graduate students.
- The Department serves as a resource to the University and the larger community by providing research on basic science and health related problems. It teaches the fundamentals of research and endeavors to stimulate an appreciation for and use of the scientific method in its graduate training program. Individual scholarship of the faculty is encouraged. The discovery, preservation and communication of new knowledge are major objectives. The department also serves as a resource to the community by providing leadership in health related matters.
- The Physiology and Biophysics program at the Howard University consists of a curriculum of required and elective courses, seminars, and research on the functions, regulation, and interrelationships of physiological systems. Courses are designed to develop abroad and profound knowledge of all major areas of physiology, stimulate independent research, and to enable the student to interpret and evaluate issues and problems at the frontiers of knowledge.
- cardiovascular physiology,
- pulmonary physiology,
- renal physiology,
- endocrinology and cell metabolism, and
- membrane biophysics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiology View 82 other Masters in Physiology in United States
The application for the Graduate School at Howard University requires the following documents:
- Statement of Academic Interest & Professional Goals
- Autobiographical Sketch
- Three letters of recommendation (minimum)
- Official transcripts from each university or college attended
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing scores reported to Howard University School Code (5297)
International31308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31308 USD per year during 24 months.
National31308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31308 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.