Statistical methods and the application of probability theory are essential to the understanding of data and underlying processes in a very wide variety of fields, including health sciences, economics and finance, social science,government, engineering, biological and physical sciences.
The mission of the Statistics program is to contribute to the overall objectives of the Government College University Faisalabad and the Affiliated Colleges, Science, and the Arts through excellence in research and education in the Statistical Sciences and through service to the university community, statistical profession, and society at large.
The proliferation of quantitative information in society demands that we help to develop the next generation of statistics professionals while increasing the statistical literacy of our students and the frequency of collaboration with our colleagues.
- Advanced Sampling Techniques
- Multivariate Analysis
- Probability Distributions
- Advanced Design of Experiments
- Linear Models and Regression Analysis
- Research Methods
- Optimization Techniques
- Bayesian Analysis
- Advanced Econometric Analysis
- Generalized Linear Models
- Advanced Probability Theory
- Statistical Inference
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.