Department of Geography is focusing on its two distinct domains: Human Geography and Physical Geography.
All disciplines including Geography made progress through latest innovation through the advancement in technology. Geographic Information System, Remote Sensing, Digital Cartography and Spatial analysis are the latest developments which are credited to the discipline of Geography.
Moreover, Geography from Government College University Faisalabad's focus is also on the social issues of Pakistani society with their spatial dimensions and these are missing in other social sciences. Sustainable development, urban transition, Globalization, Rapid population Growth, Water Contamination, Solid waste Management , Land use/Land use cover change ,natural disaster and hazards, Women empowerment, Changing family structure and changing Pakistani society are the focal areas which are being investigated at our Department.
- To achieve excellence in spatial sciences through making significant contributions in society by
- Providing educators with effective and relevant professional development, support and materials, focusing on geographic concepts contents and pedagogy.
- Applying geographic science to societal and environmental issues in state, the nation and global community.
- By training students to solve spatial problem by using geo-spatial techniques.
- Economic Geography
- Concepts in Human Geography
- Geographic Thought and Modern Concepts
- Research Methodology
- Advanced GIS
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 4 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 212 USD per semester during 24 months.
National424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 212 USD per semester during 24 months.
Rs. 15500/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.