Department of Biochemistry has a very modern and innovative mission of nurturing a conducive environment of biochemistry in the nation as a whole to get a leading position by fulfilling the needs of skilled man powers of speeding emerging biotech industry.
Biochemistry is the science concerned with the chemical basis of life. Biochemistry incorporates everything in size between a molecule and a cell and all the interactions between them. The aim of biochemists is to describe in molecular terms the structures, mechanisms and chemical processes shared by all organisms, providing organizing principles that underlie life in all its diverse forms.
So a biochemist would study about these molecules namely carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids. Biochemist also studies their reactions and what affects them and in what ways. Biochemistry from Government College University Faisalabad, is thus a study of the compounds found inside living beings, the processes involved with the focus on the role, function and structure of these molecules.
Biochemistry now encompasses all of the molecular and cellular life sciences. Scientific topics falling under the broad description of biochemistry include genetics, immunology, virology, developmental biology, neurobiology, cell biology and structural biology. A recent milestone in biochemistry was the completion of the Human Genome Project and stem cell therapy.
There has never been a better time to study biochemistry. With the introduction of newer methods in science and technology, the scope in biochemistry is much greater than before. In fact, biochemistry is one course that is selected by most of today’s students.
This is because of the challenging nature of the course and the lucrative jobs that can be got after the completion of studies in this field. There are quite a few fields where Biochemists can find employment.
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry
- Enzyme Production & Engineering
- Concepts in Genetic Engineering
- Environmental Biochemistry
- Hormones & Chemical Regulators
- Advance Biochemical Techniques
- Advanced Medical Biochemistry
- Inherited Diseases & Molecular Medicines Biochemistry of drugs
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
Rs. 42700/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.