The Department would play a vital role in promoting and spreading Persian language which can act as a bridge between two countries Pakistan and Iran. The Persian program is offered at The Government College University Faisalabad.
Persian is spoken by 120 million people not just in Iran, but also in Afghanistan and Central Asia. Learning Persian language is not only a source of developing our relations with Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and other Persian regional countries but also helps in fully understanding Urdu language, literature and Allama Iqbal’s poetry.
In addition, a great treasure of religious books is in Persian language and many other have been translated in Persian language.
These books are an authority in religious and religious teachings too.
- Literary History of Persia
- Classical & Modern Prose
- Research Methodology
- Literary History of Sub-Continent
- Classical & Modern Poetry
- Persian Literary Criticism
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
minimum 24 credits
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 17 other Masters in Literature in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International524 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per module during 18 months.
National524 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per module during 18 months.
Rs. 38300/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.