The mission of this Islamic Studies program from Government College University Faisalabad is to present Islam as a code of life based on the revealed knowledge of the Quran & Sunnah. To ground in a study of Islam as worldview, civilization & living reality. To engage student in exploring primary texts, history, global Muslim communities and the regional issue of the Islamic world. To provide the closer look at the various histories of Islam in places such as the middle east, Africa, south Asia and Europe.
Government College University Faisalabad started its journey to deliver the education more than one hundred years ago. Seven issues of the journal Zia-e-Tehqiq and three issue of Al-Ihsan have been published. Furthermore “Seerah Chair” and Tasawwuf Study Centre” were established in Department of Islamic Studies & Arabic for promoting moral values, harmony and peace in all spheres of Human life.
Department has organized three National Seerat Conferences, two International Seerat, two National Taswwaf, Qiraat & other Seminars and workshops.
- Principles of research and editing
- Quranic Studies
- Hadith Studies
- Seerah Writing
- Sources of Islamic studies
- Islam and Oriental Research
- Muslim Thought of Sub-continent
- Studies of Religious Literature
- Translation Studies
- Research Methods of Social Sciences
- Orientalism and Occidentalism
- Tafsir Methodology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
minimum 24 credits
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Islamic Studies View 4 other Masters in Islamic Studies in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per semester during 18 months.
Rs. 38300/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.